GEORGE E. THOMAS
8311 MARY BALL RD, ROOM 203
LANCASTER, VA 22503
PHONE: (804) 462-7920
FAX: (804) 462-7591
COMMISSIONER OF THE REVENUE
The Commisioner of the Revenue is a state constitutional officer who is elected to serve a four year term by the voters. The Commissioner is chief assessing officer of a locality. George E. "Sonny" Thomas, Jr. took office on January 1, 1996 and is responsible for serving the citizens of Lancaster County by:
1. Assessing real estate values for taxation
2. Assessing personal property values for taxation (which includes boats & vehicles)
3. Assisting citizens with filing their Virginia income taxes
4. Serving as a resource for the County Steering Committee
5. Administering Real Estate relief for the Elderly and Disabled
6. Administering the Land Use Program
7. Administering public services taxes, bank franchise taxes and rolling stock taxes
As reperesentatives of the government of Lancaster County and the Commonwealth of Virginia, we strive to fairly and accurately assess values in accordance with the Code of Virginia. We serve as a storehouse of information for our county and her citizens. We constantly attend training schools so as to improve our abilities and to better serve our community. If we can serve your needs please call.
The Treasurer's Office Page provides more information regarding fees, tax rates and deadlines.
Land Records Database
The old land records database has been replaced by Lancova GIS, an online mapping system which includes digital tax maps and parcel-specific database information along with overlays for zoning and voting districts. This system has recently been updated to include property transfers and map changes as of January 1, 2014.
State and federal tax forms, instructions and other publications are available for download.
Federal tax forms, provided by the Internal Revenue Service are available in a number of formats including PDF.
© 2000-08 Lancaster County, Virginia