EMS Providers (All Levels)
Lancaster County Emergency Services is accepting applications for EMS providers (all levels). Applications are available at the County Administration Offices and may be picked up in person, during normal business hours at 8311 Mary Ball Road, Lancaster, Virginia or requests for application packages to be mailed can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications may be hand delivered or mailed to:
Lancaster County Emergency Services
8311 Mary Ball Road
Lancaster, VA 22503
All applications must be received no later than 4:00 PM on June 17, 2016. Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Eligibility for EMS certification in Virginia as evidenced by FBI background check and verified by the Virginia Office of EMS.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Current EMT (or higher) certification in the Commonwealth of Virginia, or able to obtain Virginia Certification prior to first day of employment.
- Pass a physical examination certifying the ability to perform the work of an Emergency Medical Technician (see position description and physical evaluation form).
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers certification, or equivalent. BLS providers must have PHTLS or ITLS and PEPP within one year of hire.
- For ALS Providers: current American Heart Association ACLS certification, current PHTLS or ITLS certification, current PEPP or PALS certification.
- Completion of IS-100, IS-200, IS-700 and IS-800 training.
- A valid drivers license and clean driving record (must have points balance of 2 or greater).
- Current Emergency Vehicle Operators Course certification approved by the Virginia Office of EMS (see approved list)
- Must be able to perform duties when functioning as part of a two-person crew, with minimum oversight.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, other healthcare personnel and members of the public.
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts, and at least 48 hours per month.