Part-time Convenience Site Worker
Lancaster County and it’s Solid Waste and Recycling Department is looking to employ an individual on an as-needed basis to safely direct users of Lancaster County’s Solid Waste and Recycling Convenience Centers in the safe disposal of acceptable household waste, construction waste and recyclable materials into the appropriate containers while providing excellent customer service.
- Arrive on time to assigned site and open and close the Convenience Site according to posted schedule.
- Greet each patron upon arrival and direct them in the safe and proper disposal of waste and recyclable materials into the appropriate containers.
- Maintain clean appearance of site facility and grounds by picking up litter, spillage and other debris.
- Assist drivers in covering, picking up and arranging waste containers and in cleaning up spillage and litter.
- Monitor level of waste in each container to ensure sufficient room is available for disposal of additional waste or recyclables.
- Operate compactor daily.
- Provide assistance when needed to those in need by disposing of their waste.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal staff and external customers.
No education required.
No prior work experience required. (Training will be provided).
Must be available to work all assigned shifts including weekends.
Must have excellent customer service skills.
Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 20 pounds occasionally
Ability to operate any vehicle or equipment necessary to perform job.
Ability to communicate in verbally and in writing with others.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and apply to job.
Ability to read and comprehend simple correspondence and instructions such as company policies and procedures, etc.
Starting hourly pay $9.70
County application form may be downloaded in PDF format below or obtained at the County Administrator's Office at the address and telephone number listed below. Inquiries should be directed to Donald Brown - Supervisor of Solid Waste and Recycling.
Submit completed county application form, minimum of five (5) professional references, and any other materials documenting applicant's qualifications to:
Lancaster County Administrator's Office
8311 Mary Ball Road
Lancaster, Virginia 22503
Telephone: (804) 462-5129
Position is opened until filled. EOE.
Emergency Medical Technicians, Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics
Lancaster County Emergency Services is accepting applications for Emergency Medical Technicians, Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics (Intermediate providers may be considered). Applications are available at the County Administration Offices and may be picked up in person, during normal business hours at 8311 Mary Ball Road, Lancaster, Virginia or requests for application packages to be mailed can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications may be hand delivered or mailed to:
Lancaster County Emergency Services
8311 Mary Ball Road
Lancaster, VA 22503
All applications must be received no later than 5:00 PM on March 31, 2017.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Eligibility for EMS certification in Virginia as evidenced by FBI background check and verified by the Virginia Office of EMS.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Current EMT (or higher) certification in the Commonwealth of Virginia, or able to obtain Virginia Certification prior to first day of employment.
- Pass a physical examination certifying the ability to perform the work of an Emergency Medical Technician (see position description and physical evaluation form).
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers certification, or equivalent. BLS (EMT/AEMT) providers must have PHTLS or ITLS and PEPP within one year of hire. ALS Providers must have American Heart Association ACLS certification, PHTLS or ITLS certification, PEPP or PALS certification, obtain within one year of hire.
- Completion of IS-100, IS-200, IS-700 and IS-800 training.
- A valid drivers license and clean driving record (must have points balance of 2 or greater).
- Current Emergency Vehicle Operators Course certification approved by the Virginia Office of EMS (see approved list)
- Must be able to perform duties when functioning as part of a two-person crew, with minimum oversight.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, other healthcare personnel and members of the public.
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts, and at least 48 hours per month.