- Research County Ordinances & Land Development Codes?
- View GIS Maps and Parcel Data?
- Make Tax Payments Online?
- Pay Court Fees Online?
- Look Up Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes Payment History?
- Download Forms, Financial Reports and Other Public Records?
- View Bid Advertisements?
- View Employment Opportunities and Apply for Jobs?
- Register to Vote, Update Registration and View Voting Information?
- Request Public Records Through the Virginia Freedom of Information Act?
News & Upcoming Events
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Jan. 28thElectronic Access Instructions for Jan. 28th BOS Meeting
- Fee Waiver for Permits Issued for T.S. Isaias Damage Repairs
- Construction and Wood Debris Policies Explained
- 2020 Board of Supervisors Meeting Dates
- Second Amendment Resolution as Adopted by Board of Supervisors Dec. 12, 2019
- Short Term Rental Requirements for Lancaster County
Public Meetings & Information
Click or tap heading to view options.
- Board of Supervisors
- Planning Commission
- Wetlands Board
- Board of Zoning Appeals
Unless otherwise noted, public meetings are held in the Board of Supervisors meeting room at the County Administration Building, 8311 Mary Ball Road, Lancaster, Virginia.
About Lancaster County
Lancaster County was chartered by the Virginia General Assembly in 1651 on the same day as Gloucester County making them the 12th and 13th counties established in the Virginia Colony. The present Courthouse was built in 2010 and houses county records maintained virtually intact since 1652.
The county lies in Virginia's coastal plain, bounded on the east by the Chesapeake Bay and to the south and west by the Rappahannock River. Both water bodies are major contributors to the county's 180 miles of shoreline. ...
Visit Our Online Community
- Bay Aging
- Bay Transit
- Belle Isle State Park
- Boys and Girls Club of the Northern Neck
- Chesapeake Academy
- Christchurch School
- Historic Christ Church
- Lancaster Community Library
- Lancaster By the Bay Chamber
- Lancaster County Historical Highway Marker Database
- Lancaster County Public Schools
- Lancaster County Sheriff's Office
- Middle Peninsula-Northern Neck Community Services Board
- Morattico Waterfront Museum
- Northern Neck Family YMCA
- Northern Neck Land Conservancy
- Northern Neck Online
- Northern Neck Planning District Commission
- Northern Neck Soil and Water Conservation District
- Northern Neck Tourism Council
- Rappahannock Art League
- Rappahannock General Hospital
- St. Mary's Whitechapel
- Steamboat Era Museum
- The Bay School Cultural Arts Center
- Town of Kilmarnock
- Town of Irvington
- Travel Lancaster County Virginia
- Virginia Association of Counties
- Virginia Cooperative Extension - Lancaster Field Office
- Virginia Department of Health - Three Rivers District
- Virginia Department of Social Services
- Virginia Government Web Site
- Virginia Tourism Web Site
- Virginia's River Realm