The Planning and Land Use Office is responsible for enforcement and administration of the Lancaster County Zoning Ordinance, Erosion and Sediment Control Ordinance, Subdivision Ordinance, Chesapeake Bay Preservation Ordinance and Wetlands Ordinance, and also handles enforcement of the Solid Waste Disposal Ordinance and Inoperable Vehicle Ordinance.
Other areas of responsibilty include the Comprehensive Plan and the Capital Improvements Program, both of which are reviewed and updated periodically to conform to the changing needs of Lancaster County and its citizens.
This office also provides administrative support for the Lancaster County Planning Commission, Wetlands Board and Board of Zoning Appeals.
- Director - Don G. Gill
- Zoning Officer - M.L. "Pete" Ransone
- Environmental Codes Compliance Officer - Brian D. Barnes
- Administrative Assistant - Crystal L. Whay
Director of Planning & Land Use
8311 Mary Ball Rd
Lancaster, VA 22503
Phone: (804) 462-5220
Fax: (804) 462-0031
DownloadsThird party software or a browser plug-in may be required to view the files listed below:
- Building and Land Use in Lancaster County - What You Should Know
- Building Permit Application Package
- Erosion and Sediment Control Permit Application
- Joint Permit Application Process
- Septic System Pump-out Verification and Compliance Form
- Storm Event of April 6, 2017 - Permit Fee Waiver Policy
- Stormwater Managment & BMP Facilities Maintenance Agreement
- Water Quality Impact Assessment & Landscape Plan Agreement