- Research County Ordinances & Land Development Codes?
- Live Stream Board Meetings and View Meeting Documents?
- View GIS Maps and Parcel Data?
- Make Tax Payments Online?
- Pay Court Fees Online?
- Look Up Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes Payment History?
- Download Forms, Financial Reports and Other Public Records?
- View Bid Advertisements?
- View Employment Opportunities and Apply for Jobs?
- Register to Vote, Update Registration and View Voting Information?
- Request Public Records Through the Virginia Freedom of Information Act?
News & Upcoming Events
Oct. 28thRemote Access Instructions & Public Hearing Ad for Oct. 28th BOS Meeting
- 2021 Board of Supervisors Meeting Dates
- New Format for Access to Public Meetings
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Fee Waiver for Permits Issued for T.S. Isaias Damage Repairs
- Construction and Wood Debris Policies Explained
- Second Amendment Resolution as Adopted by Board of Supervisors Dec. 12, 2019
- Short Term Rental Requirements for Lancaster County
Public Meetings & Information
Our Public Meeting Portal is now available to watch live meetings and view agendas and supporting documents for upcoming meetings or catch up on recordings and minutes from previous meetings (January 2021 to present).
Minutes Archive (prior to January 2021)
Watch Meetings on our new YouTube Channel
About Lancaster County
Lancaster County was chartered by the Virginia General Assembly in 1651 on the same day as Gloucester County making them the 12th and 13th counties established in the Virginia Colony. The present Courthouse was built in 2010 and houses county records maintained virtually intact since 1652.
The county lies in Virginia's coastal plain, bounded on the east by the Chesapeake Bay and to the south and west by the Rappahannock River. Both water bodies are major contributors to the county's 180 miles of shoreline. ...
Visit Our Online Community
- Bay Aging
- Bay Transit
- Belle Isle State Park
- Boys and Girls Club of the Northern Neck
- Chesapeake Academy
- Christchurch School
- Historic Christ Church
- Lancaster Community Library
- Lancaster By the Bay Chamber
- Lancaster County Historical Highway Marker Database
- Lancaster County Public Schools
- Lancaster County Sheriff's Office
- Middle Peninsula-Northern Neck Community Services Board
- Morattico Waterfront Museum
- Northern Neck Family YMCA
- Northern Neck Land Conservancy
- Northern Neck Online
- Northern Neck Planning District Commission
- Northern Neck Soil and Water Conservation District
- Northern Neck Tourism Council
- Rappahannock Art League
- Rappahannock General Hospital
- St. Mary's Whitechapel
- Steamboat Era Museum
- The Bay School Cultural Arts Center
- Town of Kilmarnock
- Town of Irvington
- Travel Lancaster County Virginia
- Virginia Association of Counties
- Virginia Cooperative Extension - Lancaster Field Office
- Virginia Department of Health - Three Rivers District
- Virginia Department of Social Services
- Virginia Government Web Site
- Virginia Tourism Web Site
- Virginia's River Realm